Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default User Comments Relocated - how to move back?

I have a user who was working in a very large excel spread sheet
(thousands of rows). He's not a computer savy user so I don't know
what he did but he claims to have it some key that relocated all the
comments in the spreadsheet. Now all the comments are grouped together
in the same general location about halfway down the spreadsheet with
lines going to each cell they belong to. Now, we have comments in the
file that one must scroll several hundred rows down to see. Anybody
have an idea of what happened? I've done some searching and found some
vbscript that can relocate or recreate the comments but did my user use
some function I don't know about and can this function be undone? I'm
not an Excel expert, I'm a network admin who can answer questions that
most users have about Excel but on strange items like this I'm a bit
lost. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

Type it as normal. In the formula bar, highlight the portion that requires
changing to sub/super script. Click on Format, Cells and choose subscript or
supercscript.
--
Hope that helps,
MarkN

" wrote:

I have a user who was working in a very large excel spread sheet
(thousands of rows). He's not a computer savy user so I don't know
what he did but he claims to have it some key that relocated all the
comments in the spreadsheet. Now all the comments are grouped together
in the same general location about halfway down the spreadsheet with
lines going to each cell they belong to. Now, we have comments in the
file that one must scroll several hundred rows down to see. Anybody
have an idea of what happened? I've done some searching and found some
vbscript that can relocate or recreate the comments but did my user use
some function I don't know about and can this function be undone? I'm
not an Excel expert, I'm a network admin who can answer questions that
most users have about Excel but on strange items like this I'm a bit
lost. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try Debra's "Reset Comments to Original Position" at:
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html#Reset
--
Max
Singapore