Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to increase the value of a whole column of cells by a percentage?

I am sure this will be fairly straightforward but not immediately
obvious to me. I think it should be!

How would I increase the values of a whole column of cells by a
percentage?

e.g. I want to change the values in cells A1 .. A200 by increasing them
all by 20%?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter 1.2 in an unused cell.

Copy that cell.

Select A1:A200 and EditPaste SpecialMultiplyOKEsc.

Clear the cell with the 1.2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP