Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB JB is offline

Default How do I add a percentage to all cells in a column in Excel?

I have a column of 81 cells all containing different salaries. I need to add
3.5% to all of these cells to show annual raises without doing every cell
inidvidually. Please advise.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

in an empty cell type 3.5% then copy, special paste--select value & add--
select ok

hope it works

"JB" wrote:

I have a column of 81 cells all containing different salaries. I need to add
3.5% to all of these cells to show annual raises without doing every cell
inidvidually. Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Enter 1.035 into any blank cell
Copy that cell
Select your range of 81 cells
Paste Special
Check the "Multiply" option
Click OK
Delete the 1.035 you entered originally

HTH,
Elkar

"JB" wrote:

I have a column of 81 cells all containing different salaries. I need to add
3.5% to all of these cells to show annual raises without doing every cell
inidvidually. Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sorry I relized your salary column probably is in $$ so you can type 1.035 in
a cell and copy --paste special select value & multiply

so if you have 1000 you will have 1035.

now you will have

"JB" wrote:

I have a column of 81 cells all containing different salaries. I need to add
3.5% to all of these cells to show annual raises without doing every cell
inidvidually. Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say your column of salaries are A1-A80
in B1 enter the formula (C5*0.035)+C5.