Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What function to use

What I am trying to do is look down Col A in Book1 for any matching data then
combine the text from the corresponding cell in ColB and place it into
another Book or cell. Have figured out the combining the text part on its
own, its dealing with variable part at the beging that I am stuck on. I dont
even know which function to use but when I do I WILL get it to work!! As you
can tell I am a novice

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for reply Bob, like to say it work but saddly not. I have added in
same range ref but is there anything else I need to do? Although odd shaped
zero/o does appear in the cell where the combined text from Col B should be
is that significant?

"Juls" wrote in message
What I am trying to do is look down Col A in Book1 for any matching data

then
combine the text from the corresponding cell in ColB and place it into
another Book or cell. Have figured out the combining the text part on its
own, its dealing with variable part at the beging that I am stuck on. I

dont
even know which function to use but when I do I WILL get it to work!! As

you
can tell I am a novice

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob I hope this explains things better.
What we are dealing with is monthly job sheets (1-12) for one customer
contained in Book1. There is 3 separate identical sections on each sheet
relating to 3 differant staff members, each section is Col A:Y by 25 rows.
Col A contains dates displayed as 1st, 3rd etc. Col B contains a text
description of work carried out. Col C:X contains financial break down of
work carried out. Col Y contains Total in £ of C:X.
E.g

Book 1 (could be any one sheet 1-12)

Col A Col B Col C:X Col Y
2nd aa 5+5 £10
6th bb 2+3+5 £10
17th cc 5+5 £10
-----------------------------------
1st dd 3+2+5 £10
6th ee 4+6 £10
10th ff 2+8 £10
----------------------------------
2nd gg 8+2 £10
6th hh 7+3 £10
17th ii 1+9 £10

I am trying to produce an edited monthly Invoice from the above in Book 2
Sheets 1-12 displayed as below

1st dd 10
2nd aagg 20
6th bbeehh 30
10th ff 10
17th ccii 20
Total £ 90

By the way the zero/0 i mentioned in last post is actualy a square.

"Juls" wrote in message
What I am trying to do is look down Col A in Book1 for any matching

data
then
combine the text from the corresponding cell in ColB and place it into
another Book or cell. Have figured out the combining the text part on

its
own, its dealing with variable part at the beging that I am stuck on.

dont
even know which function to use but when I do I WILL get it to work!!

As
you
can tell I am a novice

Need some comments on my Utility_Move class module. jchen Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 21st 06 07:05 PM
Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM