Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default What function to use

What does your data look like?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Juls" wrote in message
Thanks for reply Bob, like to say it work but saddly not. I have added in
same range ref but is there anything else I need to do? Although odd

shaped
zero/o does appear in the cell where the combined text from Col B should

be
is that significant?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH("value",A:A,0)),"value"&INDEX(B :B,MATCH("value",A:A,0)),"
")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Juls" wrote in message
What I am trying to do is look down Col A in Book1 for any matching

data
then
combine the text from the corresponding cell in ColB and place it into
another Book or cell. Have figured out the combining the text part on

its
own, its dealing with variable part at the beging that I am stuck on.

dont
even know which function to use but when I do I WILL get it to work!!

As
you
can tell I am a novice