Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default RE building a new spread sheet

I am a electricain who does not have much of a clue about computers and needs
help.
I am trying to build a spread sheet to enable me to do quote work the
problem is i have many different suppliers who send me spread sheets with
there prices.
I want to open my sheet select the supplier and all there costs turn up on
the screen!!!

If you could point me to a sree download spreadsheet or tell me how i could
achieve this i would be grateful
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

how you do it depends a little bit on how your prices are "stored"Do you have
all the seperate supplires in different sheets,or do you combine all the data
somehow.Are all the sheets the same layout,commons product descriptions
codes,or skus?.
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"JJJO" wrote:

I am a electricain who does not have much of a clue about computers and needs
help.
I am trying to build a spread sheet to enable me to do quote work the
problem is i have many different suppliers who send me spread sheets with
there prices.
I want to open my sheet select the supplier and all there costs turn up on
the screen!!!

If you could point me to a sree download spreadsheet or tell me how i could
achieve this i would be grateful

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

At the moment i have each supplier on different sheet about ten sheets.
The layout are pretty much identical
Yes a cover sheet might be useful

On my current workbook, i have a core of six sheets the first sheet is the
supplier sheets which i need to change to different suppliers

"paul" wrote:

we need more info.How are the suppliers sheets organised.Are the sheets
identical in layout,product description etc?Will you want a "cover sheet that
displays the lowest pice for any particular product?
--

"JJJO" wrote:

I am a electricain who does not have much of a clue about computers and needs
help.
I am trying to build a spread sheet to enable me to do quote work the
problem is i have many different suppliers who send me spread sheets with
there prices.
I want to open my sheet select the supplier and all there costs turn up on
the screen!!!

If you could point me to a sree download spreadsheet or tell me how i could
achieve this i would be grateful

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a core of six sheets the first sheet is the suppliers sheet which i
need to change according to the supplier i want to use or is requested.

I have about ten different suppliers sheets

There contents is pretty much the same just the prices and part codes change