Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Custom Number Format

I have a custom number format set up that includes text before a number
formatted as percentage. I would like to show the text on 2 lines. Wraping
the text does not work. Is there a solution that will show the text in this
custom number on 2 lines?
Thanks for any suggestions
--
Dewayne
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let's say you have setup Custom format:

"value "0%

to get the text in the cell.

First position the cursor right after value and touch 010 while holding down
the ALT key. This will insert a linebreak right in the custom forrmat (not
in the cell). The linebreak will look like a small box.

Second turn on text wrapping for that cell. The small box should vanish and
the line should split into two.
--
Gary's Student