Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel converts UK to US dates

Hi,

I have a range of cells formatted to display UK dates in the following
format: dd/mm/yyyy. So, the 14th March 2001 appears as 14/03/2001.

However, if the number of the day is less than 12, Excel flips the value for
day and the month around.

So, for instance, I want to enter the date October 6th 2006, so I type
06/10/2006. As soon as a I press €śEnter€ť the month and day switch around and
the date appears as 10/06/2006.

Is this a bug? Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Ive checked and the
cells are definitely formatted correctly.

Many Thanks

Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you enter your dates, don't use the order of the dmy that match the
formatting of the cell. Use the order that is defined in your windows regional
settings (under the control panel).

You may want to format that range/column of cells in an unambiguous date format:
mmmm dd, yyyy

You may be surprised what you find. I'm betting that some of your "dates"
aren't dates--excel didn't see them as dates, so it just kept them as text.

--

Dave Peterson