Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vi Vi is offline

Default How do I keep my 'blank' cell in tact in a formula?

Hi,

I was wondering how to keep a blank cell (or null) blank after a
calculation? When using a formula, Excel defaults to a zero (which I don't
want).

Thanks in advance
Vi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vi Vi is offline

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your help - but I also have actual zeros in the field - so I need
to keep them there...I tried
=IF(formula="","",formula) and it didn't work for me....

"Vi" wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering how to keep a blank cell (or null) blank after a
calculation? When using a formula, Excel defaults to a zero (which I don't
want).

Thanks in advance
Vi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Vi, you need to specify the condition of when you think it is the zero you
want to keep and when you don't. We have no idea of exactly what you
want. Perhaps send your exact problem/case to here.

"Vi" wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering how to keep a blank cell (or null) blank after a
calculation? When using a formula, Excel defaults to a zero (which I

don't
want).

Thanks in advance
Vi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vi Vi is offline

Hi,

I'm actually pulling information from an access db into an excel spreadsheet
- but need to transfer the information into another spreadsheet to make it
look more 'user-friendly'. I'm using a formula to do this. For example:

Sheet1 (from the access db):
0
<blank
5

Transpose the Sheet1 information into Sheet2:
=Sheet1!A1
=Sheet1!A2

The thing is that when it comes to the <blank cell - Excel automatically
defaults the formula value to 0 instead of blank. I can't really ask Excel to
remove all the zeros as I also have legit zeros in the same field that needs
to be there. Is there anyway I can keep the blank cell blank (in formula
format) and the zero cell zero.

Thanks