Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Toolbar

My machine is going to be re-imaged

Is there a way to save my excel toolbar so I do not have to:

View - Toolbars-Customize.....AGAIN...I seem to remember there is a Toolbar
File

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Toolbar and Menu customizations are stored in your xxxxxx.XLB file where
xxxxxx is version-dependent name.

Excel 97.....username.xlb

Excel 2000...Excel9.xlb

Excel 2002...Excel10.xlb

Excel 2003...Excel11.xlb

Note: there may be other customizations you want to transfer at the same time.

NOTE: some settings are workbook-specific and would be stored with the
workbook.

For other global stored settings..........

Screen layout, color info, checked Add-ins and many ToolsOptions
settings are stored in the Registry, not in the *.XLB file.

To see some of what's stored in the Registry have a peek at this
section in it, if you feel comfortable.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\XX.0\E xcel\Options

XX is your version of Excel...8,9,10,11

Assuming you are aware of the precautions taken when editing the
Registry and know how to restore a recent backup of same.......

If not, maybe have a look here first...scroll down to "Registry
editing tips"

http://www.activewin.com/tips/reg/index.shtml

Export all these keys(as a branch group) to a .REG file so's you can
back them up.

Note also: you may want to move over your *.ACL(autocorrect files) and any
*.DIC files.

For a more comprehensive listing see Dave Peterson's posting at

http://snipurl.com/8r7x

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:30:02 -0700, Usgrant_75
wrote:

My machine is going to be re-imaged

Is there a way to save my excel toolbar so I do not have to:

View - Toolbars-Customize.....AGAIN...I seem to remember there is a Toolbar
File

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP