Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formatting

Bill McNulty 2003

I am imbedding a command button from the form menu, and adding a macro to
it. After placing it on the worksheet I go to format the button text, and in
my format dialog box no option exist for font. Is this an add in, and if so
how, or was this eleminated in the 2003 Excel Product.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

View; Toolbars; Forms; Option button. clicking the premeter under format
control you get the font tab?
Tom their are 6 tabs under the format control not one is font in this 2003
Excel. When I used the "button control" I was able to aquire the font, the
font is not available to the "option button", maybe it never was? I tried
inside, outside, on the cornor, no luck getting the font tab.
I thought it should format the font and my study guide says it should ?
Try it and let me know if your able to get the font tab.
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Right click on the Button (really the outline ) and pick format control.
You should get six or 7 tabs, one of which is Font.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sunday88310" wrote in message
Bill McNulty 2003

I am imbedding a command button from the form menu, and adding a macro to
it. After placing it on the worksheet I go to format the button text, and
in
my format dialog box no option exist for font. Is this an add in, and if
so
how, or was this eleminated in the 2003 Excel Product.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Your original post stated "command button".

Tom's advice covers that type of button.

Options buttons have no text formatting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Right click on the Button (really the outline ) and pick format control.
You should get six or 7 tabs, one of which is Font.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sunday88310" wrote in message
Bill McNulty 2003

I am imbedding a command button from the form menu, and adding a macro to
it. After placing it on the worksheet I go to format the button text, and
in
my format dialog box no option exist for font. Is this an add in, and if
so
how, or was this eleminated in the 2003 Excel Product.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In my Excel Expert 2003 page 254 it is called a command button. I however
read it wrong and should have used a Button Button and I used a Option button
by mistake and was unable to find the font tab. The Option button doesn't
have a font tab and the Button Button does.
Thanks so much for your assistance.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Right click on the Button (really the outline ) and pick format control.
You should get six or 7 tabs, one of which is Font.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sunday88310" wrote in message
Bill McNulty 2003

I am imbedding a command button from the form menu, and adding a macro to
it. After placing it on the worksheet I go to format the button text, and
in
my format dialog box no option exist for font. Is this an add in, and if
so
how, or was this eleminated in the 2003 Excel Product.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

a commandbutton is on the control toolbox toolbar
a button button as you call it (I call it a button) is on the forms toolbar.
I would assume if the book is titled Excel Expert, then the author is
talking about a commandbutton from the control toolbox toolbar, but can't
say for sure. (these controls from the control toolbox toolbar are also
call MSForms controls which can further add confusion when also discussing
controls from the forms toolbar).

I will admit the the Yellow tip text on the forms toolbar separates option
from button and so forth, but generally people refer to optionbutton,
checkbox, etc.