Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Determining if a value already exists in column(s)

I have the following data set

Order Order Type Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 OthrGroup 1
782187 SLS PRT EQP
782679 SLS BPR
783014 WWW EQP PRT EQP
783016 WWW EQP PRT EQP

See in the first line, the EQP does not exist in group 1-3 so it must add it
to the groups in the next available slot which is Group 2. However in the
other lines you will see that EQP exists in group1 and therefore should not
be added. There are three "othrGroups" as well. So basically, there were
two worksheets, I used one worksheet that has group1-3, then used vlookup to
get the values from the other worksheet per order number. THen I just need
to combine them but I am having troubles and it shouldn't be this difficult.
Any idea's?