Old October 1st 06, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I apply formula to entire column

When I apply the formula to the entire column (a running total that is
updated everyday) "0" appear in all the ensuing cells that have not yet been
used. I would like to be able to apply the formula to current and future
entries without Exel placing those "0" in the cells not yet used. Does that
make any sense?
Thanks
Stephan

Old October 1st 06, 06:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Stephan,

If I understand correctly, you just need to encapsulate your formula
into an If() function :

= If(yourformula=0,"",yourformula)

HTH
Cheers