Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
didja

Default How do I apply a function to an entire column?

I am trying to make a profit column that finds the difference of it's
respective row's column D minus it's respective column c. Is there a blanket
formula that I can add so that I do not have to go through each cell
individually and write the formula for that row?
If there is, how do I enter it? I am very new at adding formulas and
such. I do not know much about it.
thank you for your help.
scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

Hi Scott,

D2: =C2
D3: =OFFSET(D3,-1,0)-C2

Use the Fill Handle to fill down from D3
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/fillhand.htm

An Example of a maintaining a spreadsheet and why you
want to use OFFSET formulas so you can insert and delete rows
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/offset.htm
---
HTH,