Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default COMBINE COLUMNS

How do I combine two columns (of items numbers) without having any
duplications on another worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Combine the two columns into a new column, on a separate worksheet.

Go to Data--Advanced Filter and sort for unique records. See here for more
info: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Johnny" wrote:

How do I combine two columns (of items numbers) without having any
duplications on another worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Dave,

All the Advanced Filter is doing is copying the data from on place to
another. What I really am attemping to do is combine two list together.

WORKSHEET 1:

A B C D
item# description item# description

note: In (column A:B) there might be a range of 100 item#s & in (columns
C:D) 150

I want to combine them together on another worksheet with no duplication of
item#s

"Johnny" wrote:

How do I combine two columns (of items numbers) without having any
duplications on another worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well as I said in my initial post, you need to combine those two columns of
data into one single column and then run the advanced filter on it, sorting
for unique records. It doesn't sound like you did the first step, which is
to combine the two columns into one.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Johnny" wrote:

How do I combine two columns (of items numbers) without having any
duplications on another worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know of a way to automate it. You could write code but that would
take longer than copying and pasting. How hard is it to copy and paste?
Takes all of five seconds.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Johnny" wrote:

How do I combine two columns (of items numbers) without having any
duplications on another worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The only reason I am looking towards having this process automated is because
it is a very complexed workbook that is updated weekly with new item numbers.
That will have to work for now unless you have another solution. Thanks for
you time Dave.