Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Johnny Johnny is offline

Default COMBINE COLUMNS

Is there a way to automate that process instead of (Cutting) and (Pasting)
one list to another then (Advanced Filter)?

"Dave F" wrote:

Well as I said in my initial post, you need to combine those two columns of
data into one single column and then run the advanced filter on it, sorting
for unique records. It doesn't sound like you did the first step, which is
to combine the two columns into one.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Johnny" wrote:

Hey Dave,

All the Advanced Filter is doing is copying the data from on place to
another. What I really am attemping to do is combine two list together.

WORKSHEET 1:

A B C D
item# description item# description

note: In (column A:B) there might be a range of 100 item#s & in (columns
C:D) 150

I want to combine them together on another worksheet with no duplication of
item#s

"Dave F" wrote:

Combine the two columns into a new column, on a separate worksheet.

Go to Data--Advanced Filter and sort for unique records. See here for more
info: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Johnny" wrote:

How do I combine two columns (of items numbers) without having any
duplications on another worksheet?