Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want 2 columns to follow when I go to the right

i have a long page with date and i want the first 2 columns to follow if i go
to the right, so i still know what's opposite that cell.
Do yopu understand my question :-)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Move to the first column to the right of the columns you want do lock on
screen, and then click WINDOWS in the menu and select FREEZE PANES.

If you need to lock columns A and B, and row 1 on screen, move to C2 and
click WINDOWS and select FREEZE PANES.
--
Kevin Backmann

"kris" wrote:

i have a long page with date and i want the first 2 columns to follow if i go
to the right, so i still know what's opposite that cell.
Do yopu understand my question :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on whether you also want to keep the first row or not, do one of
the following:

To freeze only the columns, select cell C1, click on Window|Freeze panes.

To freeze Row 1 as well, select C2, and click on Window|Freeze panes

--
kassie

never stop learning

"kris" wrote in message
i have a long page with date and i want the first 2 columns to follow if i
go
to the right, so i still know what's opposite that cell.
Do yopu understand my question :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like you're looking for the feature by the name of Freeze Panes,
which causes all rows above the active cell and all columns to the left of
the active cell to remain fixed while you scroll horizontally or vertically.

Once you have the cell selected go to WindowFreeze Panes. When you want to
turn it off, go back to the Window menu - the same command will read as
Unfreeze Panes.

If I've misinterpreted your request please post back with more descriptive
detail.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones