Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Would I use an "If and" statement?

I have a table as shown.

Column A Column B
???? Y
???? Y
???? Y

I need a formula says if Column B = Y, then return 1 only if the sum of all
previous cells in column A is less than 25. if greater than 25, then 2. And
if all of 1 and 2 is greater than 50, then 3, and if all of 1, 2, 3 is
greater than 74, then 4.

Then I need a formula that will say, if
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure what you're looking to do here. What do you mean by "if all of
1 and 2 is greater than 50, then 3...."? I don't see 1 or 2 in your data and
it's not clear to me how generating 1 and 2 via an IF...THEN statement will
get you anywhere.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Confused" wrote:

I have a table as shown.

Column A Column B
???? Y
???? Y
???? Y

I need a formula says if Column B = Y, then return 1 only if the sum of all
previous cells in column A is less than 25. if greater than 25, then 2. And
if all of 1 and 2 is greater than 50, then 3, and if all of 1, 2, 3 is
greater than 74, then 4.

Then I need a formula that will say, if

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Confused" wrote:

I have a table as shown.

Column A Column B
???? Y
???? Y
???? Y

I need a formula says if Column B = Y, then return 1 only if the sum of all
previous cells in column A is less than 25. if greater than 25, then 2. And
if all of 1 and 2 is greater than 50, then 3, and if all of 1, 2, 3 is
greater than 74, then 4.

Then I need a formula that will say, if

=IF(B1="Y",IF(SUM(A1:A3)74,4,IF(SUM(A1:A3)50,3,I F(SUM(A1:A3)25,2,1))),IF("a"="b","a<b","b1<y"))

should go close.
---