Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find and Copy

Good Morning,

I have a list of over 2000 items with several columns per entry. I was able
to use the 'find' function to find entries with a specific word in them and
where they were within the list but now I'd like to isolate those item, copy
them and place them in a separate sheet. Is there anyway to do this easily?

Thanks!
Carol
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Carol

you could use AutoFilter to select the entries and then select the visible
cells/rows and copy them to another sheet.

Regards

Trevor

"QPapillon" wrote in message
Good Morning,

I have a list of over 2000 items with several columns per entry. I was
able
to use the 'find' function to find entries with a specific word in them
and
where they were within the list but now I'd like to isolate those item,
copy
them and place them in a separate sheet. Is there anyway to do this
easily?

Thanks!
Carol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would use the formula =IF(ISERR(FIND($K$1,F4)),"",F4) where $K$1 is the
location of the text string, tipicaly the top of the column (the text can be
substuted in its place), and F4 is the location of the full text string with
$K$1 text string within it. This can can be either valued copied to another
worksheet (workbook) or the formula can be developed on another worksheet.
Any thing that does not have that text string within it will be a blank This
would also work if you wanted wanted to include another column with this
string by changing the second F4 to say F5 or F3 etc.

the REST is history

"QPapillon" wrote:

Good Morning,

I have a list of over 2000 items with several columns per entry. I was able
to use the 'find' function to find entries with a specific word in them and
where they were within the list but now I'd like to isolate those item, copy
them and place them in a separate sheet. Is there anyway to do this easily?

Thanks!
Carol

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes

Having applied the AutoFilter, choose the Custom Filter on the column and
select "where the row 'contains'" and the word you are looking for.

Regards

Trevor