Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cannot create templates in spreadsheet solutions tab in excel

Contrary to the Excel 2000 help I am unable to create templates in the
"spreadsheet solutions" tab of the File New dialog box nor can I create new
tabs by making sub-folders in the direcctory where the built-in templates
reside ie "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 2000\Templates\1033". I can
create template entries in the General tab by placing them in the
"C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. Is
this because of a difference between W2k and XP or am I doing something wrong?
Is there a utility to better manage templates.
Regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In the *same* file that you use to place templates in the General tab, place
a *folder* in that file.
"C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates"

That folder will now be a *tab* in the <File <New window.

However, it will *not* display until it is populated with *at least one* XL
file.
--

HTH,

RD