Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default duplicates with a twist

I have two lists of e-mail addresses - I want to compare them (I've got them
on the same spreadsheet right now) if column "a" has an e-mail address that
is in column" b" I want to delete column "a's" cell. Is this possible?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

justche wrote:
I have two lists of e-mail addresses - I want to compare them (I've got them
on the same spreadsheet right now) if column "a" has an e-mail address that
is in column" b" I want to delete column "a's" cell. Is this possible?
Thanks

One way...
say 100 email addresses in column A (rows 1 to 100), and 200 in column
B (rows 1 to 200), then in the next available column fill the following
formula down to row 100...

=IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$200,A1)0,"",A1)

Copy those results then paste special values over the top of column A,
then sort to remove blanks.

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome.