Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Links Don't follow with copy

Hi,

I have a group of worksheets that have cells linked among them. In the
past
when I would copy this group of sheets to a different directory all of
the
links would update to reflect their new location. Example: A link that
was
=C:\data\sample'!$B$10 would change to
=C:\backup\data\'sampl'!$B$10.

Now when I copy the group of sheets to the
backup folder the links don't reflect the move as they did in the past.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

it sounds a litle strange, excel will update the new links if you save as
the source file in a new directory, but, the destiny WS also needs to open.

copying one ws using the explorer for eg. do not change the links

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.