Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Marcelo Marcelo is offline

Default Links Don't follow with copy

Hi,

it sounds a litle strange, excel will update the new links if you save as
the source file in a new directory, but, the destiny WS also needs to open.

copying one ws using the explorer for eg. do not change the links

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

" escreveu:

Hi,

I have a group of worksheets that have cells linked among them. In the
past
when I would copy this group of sheets to a different directory all of
the
links would update to reflect their new location. Example: A link that
was
=C:\data\sample'!$B$10 would change to
=C:\backup\data\'sampl'!$B$10.

Now when I copy the group of sheets to the
backup folder the links don't reflect the move as they did in the past.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you,