Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop down box

If I choose a word/command/field from the drop down box,
how can I format the next cell over recognize this selection
and display a number?

Basically I created a drop down box, Van, Bus, etc...
When I choose Van, I would like the next cell over
to recognize this selection and show $80.

Many thanks and appreciate the help!

Rob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look at VLOOKUP with a table containing Van, Bus etc with corresponding values

=VLOOKUP("box value",Sheets2!A;B,2,0) where Sheets contains the table in
columns A& B. "box value" is Bus, Van etc

HTH

"Robert Albrecht" wrote:

If I choose a word/command/field from the drop down box,
how can I format the next cell over recognize this selection
and display a number?

Basically I created a drop down box, Van, Bus, etc...
When I choose Van, I would like the next cell over
to recognize this selection and show $80.

Many thanks and appreciate the help!

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Robert,

your drop down box should refers to a cell, lets say H1 for eg.

create an auxiliar ID column in your table i.é.

A B C
1 ID Type $$
2 1 van $80
3 2 xxx xxx
4 3 xxx xxx

use a formula =vlookup(h1,a2:c4,3,false)

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Robert Albrecht" escreveu:

If I choose a word/command/field from the drop down box,
how can I format the next cell over recognize this selection
and display a number?

Basically I created a drop down box, Van, Bus, etc...
When I choose Van, I would like the next cell over
to recognize this selection and show $80.

Many thanks and appreciate the help!

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm still having trouble.

This is for cell B7 in New Client Quotes sheet =
VLOOKUP('Vehicle Pricing Guide'!A3:A14,'Vehicle Pricing Guide'!A3:B13,2,0)

This is the formula I found. It gives me a number from the B column of the
other sheet (Vehicle Pricing Guide), which is what I want, but doesn't change
when I change the text in the drop down box.

How do I make the number in B7 of New Client Quotes sheet change
correspondingly when I change the text in the drop down box of A7 of New
CLient Quotes sheet?

-Rob

"Robert Albrecht" wrote:

If I choose a word/command/field from the drop down box,
how can I format the next cell over recognize this selection
and display a number?

Basically I created a drop down box, Van, Bus, etc...
When I choose Van, I would like the next cell over
to recognize this selection and show $80.

Many thanks and appreciate the help!

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you have confused me.
i assume that the list of vans etc is is a3 to a14 on vehicle pricing guide
in column b3 to b14 is the associated costs
somewhere else on vehicle pricing guide there is a dropdown box that refers
to the list in a3 to a14
for our purposes lets say that dv dropdown is in cell A2,so when you click
on cell a2 you select van or bus or car or.......
so on b7 of new quotes sheet
=VLOOKUP('Vehicle Pricing Guide'!A2,'Vehicle Pricing Guide'!A3:B13,2,0)

--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!