Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Grouping problems

I have a sheet of data that I have pulled in from Access. It is based on 2
tables that are joined.

One table contains data on a persons entitlement for holidays so it has
their name, annual days per year and public days per year.

The second table contains the holidays the person took. This is broken down
into total annual and total public.

How do I sum the days taken and subtract them from the entitlement when each
row always has the entitlement at the same level?

e.g.

Joe Bloggs annual 10 public 8 taken annual 3 taken public 2
Joe Bloggs annual 10 public 8 taken annual 1 taken public 3

If I was writing a report in Access I would put the Name and entitlement in
the header, the days taken in the detail and the results in the footer.

Can this be done in Excel?