Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FTM FTM is offline

Default Copy macro to another workbook

Hello,
I greatly enjoy "playing" with macro's in excel created by recording my
actions; I have no programing back ground so I'm afraid Visual Basic is a
mystery to me. I have recorded macros which I would like to use in other
workbooks without the original workbook being available. Basically I just
want a way to copy a macro from one workbook so that I can use it in another.
Thanks in anticipation
Fiona

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FTM FTM is offline

Hi Kassie,
I don't know how to save it to personal.xls file & whilst I can figure out
how to view the VB text & copy it I don't know where to paste it at the other
end!
All further help appreaciated!
Ta
Fiona

"FTM" wrote:

Hello,
I greatly enjoy "playing" with macro's in excel created by recording my
actions; I have no programing back ground so I'm afraid Visual Basic is a
mystery to me. I have recorded macros which I would like to use in other
workbooks without the original workbook being available. Basically I just
want a way to copy a macro from one workbook so that I can use it in another.
Thanks in anticipation
Fiona

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To create a personal.xls, click on tools, Macro, record new macro. When
asked where to save this macro, type personal.xls. Select a cell, and stop
the macro recording by clicking on the square button. Now click on
<Alt<F11 to go to VBA. In the left hand windo you will see a file called
personal.xls. If you doubleclick on it, it will show Module1. If you
doubleclick on that, you will see the macro you just recorded. You can
delete this macro.

Macros are stored in Modules, or under ThisWorkbook or under the Sheetname,
depending on the purpose of the macro. There are 2 ways of creating macros,
the first is to record it as you go through the motions. This invariably has
to be edited afterwards. The other is to type in the code, once you know how
to!

I suggest you read up on macro creation. Try
www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm for a start

"FTM" wrote:

Hello,
I greatly enjoy "playing" with macro's in excel created by recording my
actions; I have no programing back ground so I'm afraid Visual Basic is a
mystery to me. I have recorded macros which I would like to use in other
workbooks without the original workbook being available. Basically I just
want a way to copy a macro from one workbook so that I can use it in another.
Thanks in anticipation
Fiona

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That should read " Macro, record new macro. In the 'store macro in' dialog box,
select Personal Macro Workbook"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP