Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default How to select series in chart?

I know I asked this question before, but (sigh) I cannot find the
answer now, when I need it of course.

How can I select a series in an Excel chart (XY Scatter) using the
keyboard, not the mouse?

The issue is: I have overlapping series, so it is difficult for me to
select a series by moving the mouse cursor to a point in one series and
right-clicking it, as I normally do.

Someone once mentioned a ctrl and/or shift key combination (I think)
that would allow me to select each series explicit in round-robin
fashion. That is what I am looking for again.

More generally, how could I have found the answer to that question on
my own?

Perhaps an Excel Help page. I do not see what I am looking for in the
"keyboard shortcuts" Help page.

TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.charting

To select a chart object w/the keyboard, select any object then use the
up/down arrow keys. To select a particular element in an object (a single
point in a series, for example), after selecting the object use the
left/right arrow keys.

You can also select an object with the drop-down selector in the Chart
toolbar that pops up whenever you select a chart.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article .com,
says...
I know I asked this question before, but (sigh) I cannot find the
answer now, when I need it of course.

How can I select a series in an Excel chart (XY Scatter) using the
keyboard, not the mouse?

The issue is: I have overlapping series, so it is difficult for me to
select a series by moving the mouse cursor to a point in one series and
right-clicking it, as I normally do.

Someone once mentioned a ctrl and/or shift key combination (I think)
that would allow me to select each series explicit in round-robin
fashion. That is what I am looking for again.

More generally, how could I have found the answer to that question on
my own?

Perhaps an Excel Help page. I do not see what I am looking for in the
"keyboard shortcuts" Help page.

TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.charting

Tushar Mehta wrote:
To select a chart object w/the keyboard, select any object then use the
up/down arrow keys. To select a particular element in an object (a single
point in a series, for example), after selecting the object use the
left/right arrow keys.
You can also select an object with the drop-down selector in the Chart
toolbar that pops up whenever you select a chart.

Bingo! That's it -- both ways. Thanks. I will save this message.

PS: The arrow keys are indeed documented in the keyboard shortcut Help
page. I had misread it earlier.