Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel - formulas to no longer calculate.

I have a document that used to work fine but then all of a sudden non of the
formulas are calculating. If I go into the cell, the formula is still there,
and I can open the formula and hit return and then it works! Why is this
happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Calculation is set to manual.

Go to Tools--Options--Calculations and select automatic calculation.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Newk" wrote:

I have a document that used to work fine but then all of a sudden non of the
formulas are calculating. If I go into the cell, the formula is still there,
and I can open the formula and hit return and then it works! Why is this
happening?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Newk

ToolsOptionsCalculation can be Auto or Manual.

Excel takes the Calculation mode each session from the settings on the first
workbook opened in that session.

i.e. If you saved Book1 with calc mode in manual and opened it first, calc
mode would be in Manual.

If you saved Book2 with calc mode in auto and opened it after Book1, Book2
would be in manual mode(Excel ignores the auto calc mode in this case).

If you close Book1 before opening Book2, Book2 will be in auto calc mode.

Confusing enough? <g

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP