Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do keep colors from a table in MS Excel intact when pasting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you copy to another workbook with code ?
If you changed the colors in one of the workbooks it is possible that you have this problem

With VBA you can do this to copy the palette to another workbook

Workbooks("Book1.xls").Colors = Workbooks("Book2.xls").Colors

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do keep colors from a table in MS Excel intact when pastin

Thanks Ron ... I do not copy from another workbook. Rather, I am copying
from MSExcel into MSWord or MS Publisher and the colors of the text do not
transfer.

I also, notice that the colors on my Print Preview are turned off too (but
the Black & White option on Page Setup is NOT checked). Any ideas on a
solution?

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Do you copy to another workbook with code ?
If you changed the colors in one of the workbooks it is possible that you have this problem

With VBA you can do this to copy the palette to another workbook

Workbooks("Book1.xls").Colors = Workbooks("Book2.xls").Colors

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ahhaaa

Try this
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833258

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Do you copy to another workbook with code ?
If you changed the colors in one of the workbooks it is possible that you have this problem

With VBA you can do this to copy the palette to another workbook

Workbooks("Book1.xls").Colors = Workbooks("Book2.xls").Colors

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ron:

This hi-resolution box was already turned OFF. Also, my fill colors work
correctly. It is the text itself that is not transferring colors when I copy
from Excel into Word, Publisher, and/or PowerPoint.

Any additional thoughts? Thank you for your input.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Do you copy to another workbook with code ?
If you changed the colors in one of the workbooks it is possible that you have this problem

With VBA you can do this to copy the palette to another workbook

Workbooks("Book1.xls").Colors = Workbooks("Book2.xls").Colors

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ron:

One more item ... the problem occurs when I paste as an "Enhanced Metafile"
or "Metafile" format. Bitmap works - but it is much larger in size and
gridlines appear.

Plus, my PrintPreview also has colors turned off. Thanks again.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Do you copy to another workbook with code ?
If you changed the colors in one of the workbooks it is possible that you have this problem

With VBA you can do this to copy the palette to another workbook

Workbooks("Book1.xls").Colors = Workbooks("Book2.xls").Colors

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

GOOD NEWS! I just changed my default printer away from Fax to Adobe Acrobat,
and my color issue was corrected!

I think I am now good. Thanks very much.