Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change an icon

Does anyone know a way to change an excel file icon that is placed on the
quick-launch area of a task bar? I have several shortcut icons on everyone's
task bar to take them to a specific spreadsheet that I have created located
on our server. I would like to be able to differentiate each icon so that
the user can quickly just click on it without holding the cursor over the
icon and seeing what the file name is. We are all using Windows XP Pro and
Excel 2003.

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mark

Right-click on the icon and PropertiesChange Icon.

Browse to a file and choose an icon.

Most *.exe and *.dll files have icons.

System32\shell32.dll has 237 icons

excel.exe has a couple dozen icons.