Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default if then date formulas

What I need is for todays date to show in a cell if a value equal to or
greater than one is placed in another cell. For instance, on an ordering
form if a one is placed in a qty ordered cell todays date would show up in
the last ordered cell. Hope that makes sense. I have been trying to figure
this one out on my own and I give up. Thanks to all in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(A11,TODAY(),"")

"IF A1 is greater than 1, THEN return today's date, ELSE do nothing."

Note you can change "do nothing" to whatever you need it to do.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Brad" wrote:

What I need is for todays date to show in a cell if a value equal to or
greater than one is placed in another cell. For instance, on an ordering
form if a one is placed in a qty ordered cell todays date would show up in
the last ordered cell. Hope that makes sense. I have been trying to figure
this one out on my own and I give up. Thanks to all in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You should then fix that value, otherwise if you open the file on
another day then it will show that day's date, rather than the date
when the order was placed.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Brad" wrote:

What I need is for todays date to show in a cell if a value equal to or
greater than one is placed in another cell. For instance, on an ordering
form if a one is placed in a qty ordered cell todays date would show up in
the last ordered cell. Hope that makes sense. I have been trying to figure
this one out on my own and I give up. Thanks to all in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Now that I think about it what I really want to have happen is for that value
to change when a new order is placed. So if today I order three and I save
it and tomorrow I do not order then todays date is still in that field. If
two days from now I order again then that days date would be in the field.
If I use the formula that was suggested will that work or do I need to do
something different?

Thanks to all again.

"Brad" wrote:

What I need is for todays date to show in a cell if a value equal to or
greater than one is placed in another cell. For instance, on an ordering
form if a one is placed in a qty ordered cell todays date would show up in
the last ordered cell. Hope that makes sense. I have been trying to figure
this one out on my own and I give up. Thanks to all in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok. Thanks! To add to what information I have given you..... If I put an
order in today and I put a qty in that field then todays date will show in
the other field. I need that date to stay until I order that item again. So
if I order again tomorrow tomorrows date will show. If I do not order for
three days then todays date will stay on that line until then...... Hope that
makes sense. Will what you gave me on it's own work ok?

Thanks again!

brad