Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Brad Brad is offline

Default if then date formulas

Ok. Thanks! To add to what information I have given you..... If I put an
order in today and I put a qty in that field then todays date will show in
the other field. I need that date to stay until I order that item again. So
if I order again tomorrow tomorrows date will show. If I do not order for
three days then todays date will stay on that line until then...... Hope that
makes sense. Will what you gave me on it's own work ok?

Thanks again!

brad

"Dave F" wrote:

=IF(A11,TODAY(),"")

"IF A1 is greater than 1, THEN return today's date, ELSE do nothing."

Note you can change "do nothing" to whatever you need it to do.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Brad" wrote:

What I need is for todays date to show in a cell if a value equal to or
greater than one is placed in another cell. For instance, on an ordering
form if a one is placed in a qty ordered cell todays date would show up in
the last ordered cell. Hope that makes sense. I have been trying to figure
this one out on my own and I give up. Thanks to all in advance.