Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lotus 123 files

I have to change from Lotus 9.8 with file type ***.123 to Excel 2003. I use
the @roundup formula a lot and when I save in .wk4 format I lose all these
formula's. does anyone know of a newer convertor file for Excel to allow
the Importing or opening of the files in .123 format???

David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't use 123, but I've read posts that dataviz offers a conversion program:
http://support.dataviz.com

But until that time, maybe you could use a workaround.
Inside 123, change all your @roundup() to $$roundup()'s (edit|replace???)

Then save the file as .wk4 and open in excel and reverse the process.

If that doesn't work, maybe you can pick out a function that you don't use that
requires two arguments, change roundup() to that function and reverse the
process in excel.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've read posts that dataviz offers a conversion program

Conversions Plus is the program's name. I bought it years ago just so I
could be sure about whether it handles .123 files since the web site did not
directly say it. (It does).

--
Jim
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
|I don't use 123, but I've read posts that dataviz offers a conversion
program:
| http://support.dataviz.com
|
| But until that time, maybe you could use a workaround.
| Inside 123, change all your @roundup() to $$roundup()'s (edit|replace???)
|
| Then save the file as .wk4 and open in excel and reverse the process.
|
| If that doesn't work, maybe you can pick out a function that you don't use
that
| requires two arguments, change roundup() to that function and reverse the
| process in excel.
|
| Comcast newsgroup wrote:
|
| I have to change from Lotus 9.8 with file type ***.123 to Excel 2003. I
use
| the @roundup formula a lot and when I save in .wk4 format I lose all
these
| formula's. does anyone know of a newer convertor file for Excel to
allow
| the Importing or opening of the files in .123 format???
|
| David
|

| --
|
| Dave Peterson

How do I export Lotus Approach files into an Excel spreadsheet? LEWOLF New Users to Excel 1 March 20th 06 05:19 PM
Using files from lotus 1-2-3 Alpan New Users to Excel 1 February 14th 06 01:21 AM
Lotus 123 files in Excel? KLB New Users to Excel 3 November 11th 05 02:49 AM
Old Lotus Files Newajg Excel Worksheet Functions 4 April 6th 05 05:37 PM
how do i transfer lotus files to excel mel Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 January 24th 05 09:05 PM