Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VLOOKUP NOT WORKING

Hi

I hope someone can help me, please bear with me:

I am trying to do a vlookup and the result is coming back #N/A.

The exact fields match in both worksheets but for some reaon it is not
picking it up? The lookup values are both numeric and alpha numeric.

I thought I would use =value(a2) function. This works but only for the
numeric values otherwise it comes back #VALUE?

EG:

Cell A2 Function Result

30000117 =value(a2) 30000117 (the lookup will now work from this
value)
AAA-AWT5/1 =value(a2) #VALUE!

I've also tried using the =TEXT(a2,0) function. This gives me a value back
for both Numeric and Alpha numeric, but it does not resolve the lookup
problem.

Please please help

If you need any more info let me know

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Where you have text values you need to check for any leading or
trailing spaces - try the TRIM( ) function on these in the same way as
VALUE( ) on the numerics.

Hope this helps.

Pete

missymissy wrote:
Hi

I hope someone can help me, please bear with me:

I am trying to do a vlookup and the result is coming back #N/A.

The exact fields match in both worksheets but for some reaon it is not
picking it up? The lookup values are both numeric and alpha numeric.

I thought I would use =value(a2) function. This works but only for the
numeric values otherwise it comes back #VALUE?

EG:

Cell A2 Function Result

30000117 =value(a2) 30000117 (the lookup will now work from this
value)
AAA-AWT5/1 =value(a2) #VALUE!

I've also tried using the =TEXT(a2,0) function. This gives me a value back
for both Numeric and Alpha numeric, but it does not resolve the lookup
problem.

Please please help

If you need any more info let me know

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc