Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I put text and a cell reference in a text box?

Hello

I would like to put the following in a text box in an Excel worksheet
(version 2003):

The funding requirement for the Project is US$650m, which consists of
US$450m of senior debt, subordinated debt of US$100m and equity of US$100m.

I would also like the text box to source the numbers above from cells in the
the same Excel worksheet, so that the figures are automatically updated and I
don't have to go in and manually change the numbers every time there is an
update. I know how to put only a cell reference in the text box, but how do
I include the text too?

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Sarah
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use a Textbox from the Drawing toolbar.
Select the textbox and in the formula bar enter "=B5"
In B5 enter "=G5 & G6 & G7"
In G5 to G7 enter the text and numbers to appear in the textbox.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Sarah Lefevre"
wrote in message
Hello
I would like to put the following in a text box in an Excel worksheet
(version 2003):
The funding requirement for the Project is US$650m, which consists of
US$450m of senior debt, subordinated debt of US$100m and equity of US$100m.
I would also like the text box to source the numbers above from cells in the
the same Excel worksheet, so that the figures are automatically updated and I
don't have to go in and manually change the numbers every time there is an
update. I know how to put only a cell reference in the text box, but how do
I include the text too?
Any thoughts would be most welcome.
Sarah
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's not very elegant, but the following concatenation will work.

=CONCATENATE("The funding requirement for the Project is US$"&C30&"m, which
consists of US$"&E30&" of senior debt, subordinated debt of US$"&G30&"m and
equity of US$"&I30&"m")

In this example, I used cells C30, E30, G30, and I30 as the cells that
held the various values you want to automatically update. Obviously you'd
have to replace the cell references with your own references, but it will
work.

MM

"Sarah Lefevre" wrote:

Hello

I would like to put the following in a text box in an Excel worksheet
(version 2003)

The funding requirement for the Project is US$650m, which consists of
US$450m of senior debt, subordinated debt of US$100m and equity of US$100m.

I would also like the text box to source the numbers above from cells in the
the same Excel worksheet, so that the figures are automatically updated and I
don't have to go in and manually change the numbers every time there is an
update. I know how to put only a cell reference in the text box, but how do
I include the text too?

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Sarah

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Using CONCATENATE you don't need the ampersand (&) in it, substitute commas
where there are currently ampersands.

You could do it without the CONCATENATE() just the way you have it written
using the ampersands and results would be the same.

=CONCATENATE("The funding requirement for the Project is US$",C30,"m, which
consists of US$",E30," of senior debt, subordinated debt of US$",G30,"m and
equity of US$",I30,"m")
gives same result as