Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default entering emails without hyperlink creation

I want to enter email addresses in an Excel column without creating
hyperlinks. I know how to turn them off in Word, but cannot find the same
option in Excel

* depending on your Excel version under 'Tools - autocorrection' *

this is the solution. the detailed version is:

1. Tools drop down menu
2. choose AutoCorrect Options...
3. choose the AutoFormat As You Type tab
4. uncheck box under Replace as you type, Interenet and network paths with
hyperlinks

now if you have already encountered the annoying replacement in a cell when
you return to that cell and type in an email address, it will APPEAR as if
the feature is still turned on. this is because the cell's font color and
underline have been altered. turn off Underline for that cell and put the
font color back to black and all should be good.

i hope this helps.

john

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks John!
Your response saved me hours of frustration. I didn't origianally ask the
question, but I'm glad I read all the way down this thread! Bill J.