Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inserting rows between each entry

I have a thousand lines of data, and there are 5 fields of information
which describes all 1000 lines of data. Another words, I have data from
cell A1:E1000.

I am interested in inserting between each row 5 lines. For example:

Active 24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, Inc. 925-543-3100
Active 99 Cents Only Stores 323-980-8145
Active A And G, Inc 714-765-0400

Should appear as:
Active 24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, Inc. 925-543-3100

Active 99 Cents Only Stores 323-980-8145

Active A And G, Inc 714-765-0400

I know about simply inserting rows into the appropriate place, and
pressing CONTROL Y a few times. However, I'd like to automate this
process.

I've tried recording macros, but this doesn't seem to work. Every time
I execute the macro, only the top line gets "expanded/heightened".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can do it easily with a macro.

Sub InsertRows()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim numRows As Integer
Dim r As Long
numRows = 5
For r = 1000 To 1 Step -1
ActiveSheet.Rows(r + 1).Resize(numRows).EntireRow.Insert
Next r
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 13 Sep 2006 14:55:16 -0700, "Brablo" wrote:

I have a thousand lines of data, and there are 5 fields of information
which describes all 1000 lines of data. Another words, I have data from
cell A1:E1000.

I am interested in inserting between each row 5 lines. For example:

Active 24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, Inc. 925-543-3100
Active 99 Cents Only Stores 323-980-8145
Active A And G, Inc 714-765-0400

Should appear as:
Active 24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, Inc. 925-543-3100

Active 99 Cents Only Stores 323-980-8145

Active A And G, Inc 714-765-0400

I know about simply inserting rows into the appropriate place, and
pressing CONTROL Y a few times. However, I'd like to automate this
process.

I've tried recording macros, but this doesn't seem to work. Every time
I execute the macro, only the top line gets "expanded/heightened".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Brablo,

Are you sure you want to do this? You won't any longer have a standard (1
row per item) table on which Excel can do many operations on (unless you'll
be inserting similar records in the new empty rows). I just have the
feeling you're heading down a road you might find is less travelled for some
good reasons. If this is for printing purposes, have you considered
increasing the row height to get the space you need?
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
oups.com...