Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change a letter grade to a numerica GPA

I want to type in a letter grade, like A+, A, A- and have excel change it to
it's gpa,
like 4.33 for A+. I can do it when I use IF, but I can only use it 7 times
and I need to do it 12 times
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can create a datalist and have one of the lookup functions return the
appropriate GPA.

Check out this web page of Debra Dalgleish:

HTH,

RD

"Bogazetti" wrote in message
I want to type in a letter grade, like A+, A, A- and have excel change it
it's gpa,
like 4.33 for A+. I can do it when I use IF, but I can only use it 7
times
and I need to do it 12 times
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look at VLOOKUP as an option.

=VLOOKUP(LetterGrade,GPAtable,2,0)

where lettergrade = A+ etc
GPATable is named range (say columns A & B) containing letter grade &
corresponding GPA.

A+ 4.33
A ???

HTH