Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LMC LMC is offline

Default Hours calculation in 24h format

Hello Everyone,
Can someone help me on this (I think little) problem?
I now that my demand has been n demanded times and every time that we need
something, it's impossible to find the right information on the net so my
question is:

I would like to calculate the time between an arrival and departure in 24h
format for my work.

Example : Cell A1 arrival 9:30h, Cell A2 departure 12:30h, Cell A3 arrival
13:30h, Cell A4 departure 18:45h

Thanks for the answer

LMC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think you want this:
(A2-A1)+(A4-A3)
After you can format the cell "[hh]:mm"

"LMC" escreveu na mensagem
Hello Everyone,
Can someone help me on this (I think little) problem?
I now that my demand has been n demanded times and every time that we need
something, it's impossible to find the right information on the net so my
question is:

I would like to calculate the time between an arrival and departure in 24h
format for my work.

Example : Cell A1 arrival 9:30h, Cell A2 departure 12:30h, Cell A3 arrival
13:30h, Cell A4 departure 18:45h

Thanks for the answer

LMC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

(A2-A1)*24 will give you the hours elapsed between those two times.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"LMC" wrote:

Hello Everyone,
Can someone help me on this (I think little) problem?
I now that my demand has been n demanded times and every time that we need
something, it's impossible to find the right information on the net so my
question is:

I would like to calculate the time between an arrival and departure in 24h
format for my work.

Example : Cell A1 arrival 9:30h, Cell A2 departure 12:30h, Cell A3 arrival
13:30h, Cell A4 departure 18:45h

Thanks for the answer

LMC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LMC LMC is offline

How can I calculate the total of all the hours and minutes like : 3:40 +
9:56 + 2:10 etc
This is the real problem because of the décimals

Thanks again for the effort

LMC

"LMC" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello Everyone,
Can someone help me on this (I think little) problem?
I now that my demand has been n demanded times and every time that we need
something, it's impossible to find the right information on the net so my
question is:

I would like to calculate the time between an arrival and departure in 24h
format for my work.

Example : Cell A1 arrival 9:30h, Cell A2 departure 12:30h, Cell A3 arrival
13:30h, Cell A4 departure 18:45h

Thanks for the answer

LMC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format the decimals as time. Right-click on the cell, select format, and
apply the time format as you choose. Excel will convert decimal time
measurements into 24h measurements (i.e., 3.5 becomes 3:30 AM etc.)

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"LMC" wrote:

How can I calculate the total of all the hours and minutes like : 3:40 +
9:56 + 2:10 etc
This is the real problem because of the décimals

Thanks again for the effort

LMC

"LMC" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello Everyone,
Can someone help me on this (I think little) problem?
I now that my demand has been n demanded times and every time that we need
something, it's impossible to find the right information on the net so my
question is:

I would like to calculate the time between an arrival and departure in 24h
format for my work.

Example : Cell A1 arrival 9:30h, Cell A2 departure 12:30h, Cell A3 arrival
13:30h, Cell A4 departure 18:45h

Thanks for the answer

LMC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you calculate the times as per Rodrigo's reply so times are Hours:Minutes,
then simply sum and format cell as [hh]:mm

e.g. times in hours:minutes in A1 to A10 then in A11

=SUM(A1:A10) with A11 formatted as [hh]:mm (no decimals here!)

"LMC" wrote:

How can I calculate the total of all the hours and minutes like : 3:40 +
9:56 + 2:10 etc
This is the real problem because of the décimals

Thanks again for the effort

LMC

"LMC" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello Everyone,
Can someone help me on this (I think little) problem?
I now that my demand has been n demanded times and every time that we need
something, it's impossible to find the right information on the net so my
question is:

I would like to calculate the time between an arrival and departure in 24h
format for my work.

Example : Cell A1 arrival 9:30h, Cell A2 departure 12:30h, Cell A3 arrival
13:30h, Cell A4 departure 18:45h

Thanks for the answer

LMC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Other hint:

( A1 + A2 + A3 ) / "1:00"
( 3:40 + 9:56 + 2:10 )/ "1:00"

15:46/ "1:00" = 15,76667

Rodrigo Ferreira

"LMC" escreveu na mensagem
How can I calculate the total of all the hours and minutes like : 3:40 +
9:56 + 2:10 etc
This is the real problem because of the décimals

Thanks again for the effort

LMC

"LMC" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello Everyone,
Can someone help me on this (I think little) problem?
I now that my demand has been n demanded times and every time that we
need something, it's impossible to find the right information on the net
so my question is:

I would like to calculate the time between an arrival and departure in
24h format for my work.

Example : Cell A1 arrival 9:30h, Cell A2 departure 12:30h, Cell A3
arrival 13:30h, Cell A4 departure 18:45h

Thanks for the answer

LMC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a sheet like that, but in my case I just sum to calculate the hours
worked, but when the hours get 24:00 it´s turns to 00:00 and satart again and
a can´t know the real time i worked for exemple in a week. there´s a way the
make the sum go on without start again after 24:00hours
e.g.
a1 = 13:30
a2 = 11:30
a3 = 1:00

a7=sum(a1+ a2 +a3) = 1:00

I want the result in a7 would be 25:00 hours worked

thanks
Ana Paula

"Rodrigo Ferreira" escreveu:

Other hint:

( A1 + A2 + A3 ) / "1:00"
( 3:40 + 9:56 + 2:10 )/ "1:00"

15:46/ "1:00" = 15,76667

Rodrigo Ferreira

"LMC" escreveu na mensagem
How can I calculate the total of all the hours and minutes like : 3:40 +
9:56 + 2:10 etc
This is the real problem because of the décimals

Thanks again for the effort

LMC

"LMC" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello Everyone,
Can someone help me on this (I think little) problem?
I now that my demand has been n demanded times and every time that we
need something, it's impossible to find the right information on the net
so my question is:

I would like to calculate the time between an arrival and departure in
24h format for my work.

Example : Cell A1 arrival 9:30h, Cell A2 departure 12:30h, Cell A3
arrival 13:30h, Cell A4 departure 18:45h

Thanks for the answer

LMC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ana,

Custom Format the cell as [h]:mm

the square brackets will stop the hours rolling over into days when they gat
to 24

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Ana Paula" <Ana
wrote in message
I have a sheet like that, but in my case I just sum to calculate the hours
worked, but when the hours get 24:00 it´s turns to 00:00 and satart again
and
a can´t know the real time i worked for exemple in a week. there´s a way
the
make the sum go on without start again after 24:00hours
e.g.
a1 = 13:30
a2 = 11:30
a3 = 1:00

a7=sum(a1+ a2 +a3) = 1:00

I want the result in a7 would be 25:00 hours worked

thanks
Ana Paula

"Rodrigo Ferreira" escreveu:

Other hint:

( A1 + A2 + A3 ) / "1:00"
( 3:40 + 9:56 + 2:10 )/ "1:00"

15:46/ "1:00" = 15,76667

Rodrigo Ferreira

"LMC" escreveu na mensagem
How can I calculate the total of all the hours and minutes like : 3:40
+
9:56 + 2:10 etc
This is the real problem because of the décimals

Thanks again for the effort

LMC

"LMC" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hello Everyone,
Can someone help me on this (I think little) problem?
I now that my demand has been n demanded times and every time that we
need something, it's impossible to find the right information on the
net
so my question is:

I would like to calculate the time between an arrival and departure in
24h format for my work.

Example : Cell A1 arrival 9:30h, Cell A2 departure 12:30h, Cell A3
arrival 13:30h, Cell A4 departure 18:45h

Thanks for the answer

LMC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank for the answer, it was exactily what i wanted.

Ana Paula

wrote in message
I have a sheet like that, but in my case I just sum to calculate the hours
worked, but when the hours get 24:00 it´s turns to 00:00 and satart again
and
a can´t know the real time i worked for exemple in a week. there´s a way
the
make the sum go on without start again after 24:00hours
e.g.
a1 = 13:30
a2 = 11:30
a3 = 1:00

a7=sum(a1+ a2 +a3) = 1:00

I want the result in a7 would be 25:00 hours worked

thanks
Ana Paula

"Rodrigo Ferreira" escreveu:

Other hint:

( A1 + A2 + A3 ) / "1:00"
( 3:40 + 9:56 + 2:10 )/ "1:00"

15:46/ "1:00" = 15,76667

Rodrigo Ferreira

"LMC" escreveu na mensagem
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're very wecome. Thanks for the feedback

wrote in message
I have a sheet like that, but in my case I just sum to calculate the
hours
worked, but when the hours get 24:00 it´s turns to 00:00 and satart
again
and
a can´t know the real time i worked for exemple in a week. there´s a
way
the
make the sum go on without start again after 24:00hours
e.g.
a1 = 13:30
a2 = 11:30
a3 = 1:00

a7=sum(a1+ a2 +a3) = 1:00

I want the result in a7 would be 25:00 hours worked

thanks
Ana Paula

"Rodrigo Ferreira" escreveu:

Other hint: