Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a pseudo Calender?

I need to create a calender-type worksheet for 2006/2007.

All I actually need would be dates in row 3 with the first initial of each
day in the row above, eg:

M T W T F S S M
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc.

Is there a template available somewhere, please?

Regards,
Stuart.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Ian is offline

In A3 type your start date (eg 01/01/2006) and format the cell as Custom
with Type as d.
In B3 type =A3+1
Copy this cell as far across as you need

In A2 type =LEFT(TEXT(WEEKDAY(A3),"ddd"),1)
Copy this cell across the sheet as far as you need.

Bear in mind that you wont be able to create a whole year in this way as
Excel only has 254 columns.

--
Ian
--
"StuartGB" wrote in message
I need to create a calender-type worksheet for 2006/2007.

All I actually need would be dates in row 3 with the first initial of
each
day in the row above, eg:

M T W T F S S M
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc.

Is there a template available somewhere, please?

Regards,
Stuart.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ian,

Thanks, but not working for me. A3 value shown as 1, but B3 is 38719 where
formula is A3+1.
Using Excel 2003.
Did you custom format type d, or dd?

regards,
Stuart.

"StuartGB" wrote in message
I need to create a calender-type worksheet for 2006/2007.

All I actually need would be dates in row 3 with the first initial of
each
day in the row above, eg:

M T W T F S S M
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc.

Is there a template available somewhere, please?

Regards,
Stuart.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Ian is offline

Sorry, I forgot to add that you need to format each cell on row 3 the same
as A3. Copy A3, then paste specialformats to the rest of the row.

FYI, Excel stores dates a numbers starting from 1 Jan 1900 making your 38719
equivalent to 2 Jan 2006.

--
Ian
--

"StuartGB" wrote in message
I need to create a calender-type worksheet for 2006/2007.

All I actually need would be dates in row 3 with the first initial of
each
day in the row above, eg:

M T W T F S S M
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 etc.

Is there a template available somewhere, please?

Regards,
Stuart.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Ian is offline