Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default VB Cell Formatting

I am looking to setup borders within the range of active cells, meaning
if there is data in the furthest right column and data in the furthest
down row, then to fill all cells encompassed in that intersection with
a certain border scheme. The range will change per each report, so I
need a dynamic range figured.

I am also looking for code where the row will fill with background
color, not the entire row only the cells that have data in them. And
again, the ranges will fluctate so a simple macro with the range
selected will not be beneficial.

Thanks for your help, let me know if questions.
~schaapiee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try using conditional formatting

See http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"schaapiee" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am looking to setup borders within the range of active cells, meaning
if there is data in the furthest right column and data in the furthest
down row, then to fill all cells encompassed in that intersection with
a certain border scheme. The range will change per each report, so I
need a dynamic range figured.

I am also looking for code where the row will fill with background
color, not the entire row only the cells that have data in them. And
again, the ranges will fluctate so a simple macro with the range
selected will not be beneficial.

Thanks for your help, let me know if questions.
~schaapiee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let me rephrase my dilemna:

I am trying to get consistent formatting across all sheets (6); I have
already done this for the PrintSettings/PageSetup. And have been able
to accomplish some formatting such as row 1 being all bold with row
height 26, and text wrapped, as these cells are going to consistenly be
the same for each sheet.
What I need is script which will allow me to perhaps setup a case
structure where if it equals "sub-total" or "total" it will do
entirerow.bold, rightalign, and entirerow such and such fill pattern.
Or case if cell contains like "region" will make italic for those
cells, and so forth. Conditional formatting only works on those cells,
not the entire rows, as far as I could see..And the placement of the
cases will not fall in the same cells throughout the sheets so I need
something dynamic..
Additionally, I am looking to customize cell borders. Say I have data
through column "x", and row "#"..I only want those cells filled in thin
top/bottom/r/l/vert/horz..not the entire sheet, and then if the cell
value is "total" to fill in the row with thick border until end column
"x", not entire sheet.
I currently am working with two subs, one using a "For each ws in
Worksheets" with/endwith next ws setup for my page/printer options, AND
an array of "worksheets(array(ne,co,ia)).select" followed by select
statements. So which ever is easier to accomplish what I want, or a
completely different sub using perhaps a case structure...dunno.
Thanks for any help.