Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Format based on 3 other cells.

I'm having a problem doing this.
I have a cell (A5) that I want to be colored RED when the following
condition exits in 3 other cels (G2=4; G3=25; G4=4)
Is this possible?
Also this xls contains about 1000 records and I want all the Cells in Column
A to turn red if that condition exists (noted above exists). Can I copy this
easily to all cells, but not basing it on G2,G3,G4?
The Cell I want the CF on should look at the previous 3 rows in the G column
to see if that condition exists.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In conditional formatting, select "Formula is" and then use the formula
below and change the pattern properties as desired..
=AND(G2=4,G3=25,G4=4)

"Dtown Dawg" wrote in message
I'm having a problem doing this.
I have a cell (A5) that I want to be colored RED when the following
condition exits in 3 other cels (G2=4; G3=25; G4=4)
Is this possible?
Also this xls contains about 1000 records and I want all the Cells in
Column
A to turn red if that condition exists (noted above exists). Can I copy
this
easily to all cells, but not basing it on G2,G3,G4?
The Cell I want the CF on should look at the previous 3 rows in the G
column
to see if that condition exists.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cells in column A starting at A5, and use a condition of Formula
Is and with a formula of

=AND($G2=4,$G3=25,$G4=4)

--

HTH