Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My hyperlinks stop working on saving the workbook

I have a workbook with links to files on the company network. The hyperlinks
work right up to the point when I save the workbook when they give the error
message: "The address of this site is not valid. Check the address and try
again"
If I cut and paste the cell into the run command it works fine.
It used to work up until the middle of one afternoon when it cut out
completley and hasn't worked since.
Is this a known problem ? And is there a solution? I have Excel 2003 SP2.
And, Is there a maximum number of links I can make from a workbook (as there
is from Powerpoint)- this could explain the problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried EDIT/LINKS and seeing if the UPDATE button works from that
dialog box? If not, try resetting the source for each of your linked files
from here.
--
Kevin Backmann

"RobDLondon" wrote:

I have a workbook with links to files on the company network. The hyperlinks
work right up to the point when I save the workbook when they give the error
message: "The address of this site is not valid. Check the address and try
again"
If I cut and paste the cell into the run command it works fine.
It used to work up until the middle of one afternoon when it cut out
completley and hasn't worked since.
Is this a known problem ? And is there a solution? I have Excel 2003 SP2.
And, Is there a maximum number of links I can make from a workbook (as there
is from Powerpoint)- this could explain the problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm using Hyperlinks, rather than Links on the Edit menu.. EditLinks is
greyed out and innaccessible.
By "Resetting" do you mean recreating them as if from scratch?... I have
+-100 links to pdf files through about 5 levels of folders and YES I have..
they still fail.
But thanks for your help anyway.