Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Format Problem

For some reason I can no longer change font style size or colour using
conditional formatting. I can change other cell atributes, such as
background colour, but the listbox containing font names and font sizes is
stippled out.
I assume that I've managed to turn off some setting somewhere such that I
disabled the ability to manipulate fonts through conditional formatting, I
just don't know what that setting is.
Or perhaps it's some other setting.
I've called up old files and the previous font settings for conditional
formatting are there, but I can't change those.
Any help will be greatly appreaciated,
Thanks in advance,
E.Q.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know what version of Excel you're using but I've never been able to
conditionally format the font type or size in any version that I've used.

You can change the font *style* (not to be confused with TYPE) which
includes Bold, Italic, Bold Italic or Regular. Effects like Strikethrough or
Underline and the font Color. But not the TYPE or SIZE.

Biff