Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change text (8:30 PM) to military time (20:30)

I'm trying to change times that are reported in text format (ie 8:30 PM
instead of 8:30PM) into military time equivalents (20:30).

Is there a straightforward way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Take a look under the "time" formats. Format--Cells---Number tab---Time
The first one should do the trick. There are also options in the "custom"
formats as well.

Dan

"Netorius77" wrote:

I'm trying to change times that are reported in text format (ie 8:30 PM
instead of 8:30PM) into military time equivalents (20:30).

Is there a straightforward way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format, Cell, Number, Time - 13:30:55
or Custom Format it to HH:MM
--
I hope this helps, Kevin

"Netorius77" wrote:

I'm trying to change times that are reported in text format (ie 8:30 PM
instead of 8:30PM) into military time equivalents (20:30).

Is there a straightforward way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the above. I had tried to reformat the cells, but now find that
there are actually three spaces after each entry. Removing these spaces
resolved the problem of being unable to format.
Thanks.