Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed Ed is offline

Default Need a "Tailored" Highlighting Macro

Hello I am working in Excel 2007, on a long Table from $A$1:$DO$9 so far
which will be growing vertically with each entry, and maybe in some special
cases new columns will be added but not often at all. Data is located from
E6:DO9, the rest of the cells in the Table are just Headers and so on. So
what I would like to have is the following:

A)
When the active cell is inside E6:D09, for example:
G6, to have $A6:$D6 highlighted in red lets say, and G$5 in red as well...
if I move to cell G7, I would have $A7:$D7 and G$5 in red, and if I move to
H7, I would have$A7:$D7 and H$5 higlighted.

B)
Aside from that I guess this part is a bit more complicated, I hope it is
possible as well... Each row is a entry, so on a row I will have several
cells with data (a number, the rest are empty) so on the current row to
highlight the titles (row 5) which have data in the current row, in orange.

So in summary, the idea is to highlight the titles (Row 5) that have data on
the active row in orange and at the same time to highlight the current title
(Row 5) and A:D of the current row in Red... I really hope I was able to
explain myself...

Thank you very much for your attention!