Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Need a "Tailored" Highlighting Macro

I've downloaded the file, haven't examined it yet. The language doesn't
bother me much, as with most help given here one doesn't have to know so much
what the data itself actually is, just what to do with it.

I'll plug away at this for a bit and see what it takes to change it.

"Ed" wrote:

Yes I think you got it this time! Yeah I guessed the orange part was a bit
hard to explain but yeah that is the way I ment it to work...

Im sent you the file I am working with if it is ok with you to check it...
Download it from:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...86458D67AB123E

When I saved it for Excel 97-2003 I hope it works fine, this is not final
yet but the what we are talking about is ok. I apologize because it is
written in spanish, but I guess you get the idea.

Tab "Generador" is where we are at. The way this file works is that under
"Generator Tab" I type in some quantities of the materials I am giving away
to contractors and that generates me a delivery form (in tab "Formato") for
printing to be signed by whoever is recieving the materials (E3 in "Formato"
has a dropdown to choose the form I am looking for).

In this file I sent you, for example, when active cell is N6, then $A6:$D6,
N6 and N$5 would be red and the "titles" of the other cells in row 6 that
have data would be orange: Y$5, AJ$5, AU$5 and CV$5. When the active cell is
now S7, then $A7:$D7, S7 and S$5 would be in red, and now: T$5, CV$5 and CW$5
would be in orange but the ones from the previous selected active cell are no
longer highlighted just the other cells containing data on the active row

so what do you think?