Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default New sheets inserted in a workbook comes out mirrored

When I add (Insert) new work sheets in an already open workbook, these new
sheets open up with the A column on the right side and B column to the left
of column A. Essentially a mirror image of a normal sheet. Is there some
setting that inadvertently has been changed since this has never happened
before?
The 3 work sheets that open automatically when a new work book is created
all come out normal.
I'm using MS Office 2003 small business.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're looking at a spreadsheet set up for a Hebrew or Arabic or other
right-to-left language.

As I recall there's a button on one of the toolbars which creates this
mirror image. Make sure it's not selected.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Aquapro" wrote:

When I add (Insert) new work sheets in an already open workbook, these new
sheets open up with the A column on the right side and B column to the left
of column A. Essentially a mirror image of a normal sheet. Is there some
setting that inadvertently has been changed since this has never happened
before?
The 3 work sheets that open automatically when a new work book is created
all come out normal.
I'm using MS Office 2003 small business.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like someone has altered to default sheet that gets inserted with
InsertSheet.

Go to your XLSTART folder and see if there is a SHEET.XLT file

If so, move it or delete it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP