-   -   New sheets inserted in a workbook comes out mirrored (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/109147-new-sheets-inserted-workbook-comes-out-mirrored.html)

Aquapro

New sheets inserted in a workbook comes out mirrored

When I add (Insert) new work sheets in an already open workbook, these new
sheets open up with the A column on the right side and B column to the left
of column A. Essentially a mirror image of a normal sheet. Is there some
setting that inadvertently has been changed since this has never happened
before?
The 3 work sheets that open automatically when a new work book is created
all come out normal.
I'm using MS Office 2003 small business.

Dave F

New sheets inserted in a workbook comes out mirrored

You're looking at a spreadsheet set up for a Hebrew or Arabic or other
right-to-left language.

As I recall there's a button on one of the toolbars which creates this
mirror image. Make sure it's not selected.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Aquapro" wrote:

When I add (Insert) new work sheets in an already open workbook, these new
sheets open up with the A column on the right side and B column to the left
of column A. Essentially a mirror image of a normal sheet. Is there some
setting that inadvertently has been changed since this has never happened
before?
The 3 work sheets that open automatically when a new work book is created
all come out normal.
I'm using MS Office 2003 small business.

stevebriz

New sheets inserted in a workbook comes out mirrored

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the International tab.
uncheck view sheet right to left option

Aquapro wrote:
When I add (Insert) new work sheets in an already open workbook, these new
sheets open up with the A column on the right side and B column to the left
of column A. Essentially a mirror image of a normal sheet. Is there some
setting that inadvertently has been changed since this has never happened
before?
The 3 work sheets that open automatically when a new work book is created
all come out normal.
I'm using MS Office 2003 small business.

Gord Dibben

New sheets inserted in a workbook comes out mirrored

Sounds like someone has altered to default sheet that gets inserted with
InsertSheet.

Go to your XLSTART folder and see if there is a SHEET.XLT file

If so, move it or delete it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP