Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Default Send spreadsheet as email message

I am using Excel with Office 2000 SBE. I want to send a spreadsheet as an
email message. When I choose "Send To", it adds the fields at the top of the
sheet for "To", "CC," etc. I can choose a name from my Outlook Express
contact list. However, when I press Send, it pauses as though it's sending
the message, but it never gets sent. There's nothing in my Sent Items folder,
and the recipient never gets anything. A month or two ago I was able to do
this without any problems. Since then, I've had to reinstall Office. What am
I missing?

Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Does the file appear as an attachment in to your outgoing message? I am not
familiar with Office 2000 but Earlier versions and the version I have now
show if the file is attached. If it is not attached, you could manually
attach it. But that would indicate a software problem or a set up glitch.

"Dan" wrote:

I am using Excel with Office 2000 SBE. I want to send a spreadsheet as an
email message. When I choose "Send To", it adds the fields at the top of the
sheet for "To", "CC," etc. I can choose a name from my Outlook Express
contact list. However, when I press Send, it pauses as though it's sending
the message, but it never gets sent. There's nothing in my Sent Items folder,
and the recipient never gets anything. A month or two ago I was able to do
this without any problems. Since then, I've had to reinstall Office. What am
I missing?

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

No, I don't want it sent as an attachment. The spreadsheet is the body of the
message. It worked this way before I reinstalled Office, but now for some
reason it acts like it's sending the message but doesn't.

Dan

"Dan" wrote:

I am using Excel with Office 2000 SBE. I want to send a spreadsheet as an
email message. When I choose "Send To", it adds the fields at the top of the
sheet for "To", "CC," etc. I can choose a name from my Outlook Express
contact list. However, when I press Send, it pauses as though it's sending
the message, but it never gets sent. There's nothing in my Sent Items folder,
and the recipient never gets anything. A month or two ago I was able to do
this without any problems. Since then, I've had to reinstall Office. What am
I missing?

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dan,

There is, or should be, an email icon on your Excel 2000 Standard toolbar.
If there isn't, go to Tools Customize and add it to the toolbar. Then, with
the file you want to send open, click that icon. This will place your file
in the body of the email message. The "Send to" command sends it as an
attachment.

You probably need to save that worksheet separately first, and then send it
from there.

Cheryl
--
Cheryl

"Dan" wrote:

I am using Excel with Office 2000 SBE. I want to send a spreadsheet as an
email message. When I choose "Send To", it adds the fields at the top of the
sheet for "To", "CC," etc. I can choose a name from my Outlook Express
contact list. However, when I press Send, it pauses as though it's sending
the message, but it never gets sent. There's nothing in my Sent Items folder,
and the recipient never gets anything. A month or two ago I was able to do
this without any problems. Since then, I've had to reinstall Office. What am
I missing?

Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe this